Make your own free website on

Association for Aerial Anomaly Research and Cataloging

UFO and Paranormal Research from south-central Indiana

Always Watching the Skies


The Dillman Road Sighting

mttabor8.jpg (7378 bytes)

by Lynn Taylor

23MAY96 - Thursday (9:20 PM)

I spent the better part of the day at Lake Monroe, repairing a power generator on board a house boat, belonging to a close friend of mine. I was so occupied with my task that time slipped by, and had taken with it that day's good weather. In its place the evening ushered in a sudden storm of great proportion, paralyzing all water traffic, and stranding me on a dead boat, tied off in a lonely buoy field. I witnessed a large house boat, loose and unpiloted, as it passed within thirty feet of me, and certain disaster, just before it crashed into half a dozen boats moored in a row of slips behind me. I checked the time on my watch. It was half past six, and I knew it would be a long wait before marina security could chance making their way out to pick me up. At nine o'clock, I finally set foot on dry land, exhausted from my ordeal with the storm.

As I drove north from the lake, all I could think about was a hot shower and a warm bed. I was so tired, the last thing on my mind was going off on a chase after lights in the sky, but that's always when they show up. I had just passed Dillman Road, when off to the east, floating just above the tree line was a bright, yellowish, illuminated object. Though exhausted, I wanted to get a closer look. I pulled to the side of the road, then jumped out of my van, to watch as it continued drifting north-east. After returning to the van, I pulled onto Old S.R. 37, then drove east and south on Fairfax road, where I finally completed a full circle by turning west on Dillman Road, and back to "new" Highway 37. I lost it! I completely encircled the object, but it disappeared. If it had continued outside the encircled area, I should have re-acquired it. Therefore, it either settled below the tree line and out of sight, or it simply "blinked out".

When I arrived home, there was a message waiting for me from John Tosti. I called only to discover that he was alone and in the middle of an "event". As we were talking, the television was turning off and on, without assistance. And the CD player, as well, was cycling on it's own. At one point John said, "Now I'm hearing sounds from the bathroom."

"What sort of sounds are you hearing?" I asked.

"It sounds like something rubbing against the side of the bathroom wall." he answered.
Shortly afterward, he stopped again to listen. He said, "Now I'm hearing something in the kitchen!" At that point I asked John if he would feel more comfortable having someone there with him. He said, "I think I can handle it if things don't get any worse, but I'll be calling you for sure, if it does!" Then John remarked, "Well, maybe all this is due to the storm."

I asked him, "How far is Dillman road from your house?"

He indicated, "About a half a mile."

I then revealed, "John, It's not the storm. I saw the ship!"

I never discussed with John how the remainder of his evening went. I imagine, however, for him it was a restless night.

Home                                                             Back to: The Sentinel Files

Updated: February 05, 2006
AAARC and The Sentinel Files Copyright 1999