Make your own free website on

Association for Aerial Anomaly Research and Cataloging

UFO and Paranormal Research from south-central Indiana

Always Watching the Skies


A Pound of Flesh

-- by Lynn Taylor

I awoke to the sound of the phone ringing, one Sunday in March of 1998. It was nine o'clock in the morning. Who would be calling this early? After all, it was the weekend, and having counted on being able to sleep in, we stayed up rather late the night before. Still half asleep, I picked up the receiver to hear John's frantic voice on the other end.

"Lynn, I'm sorry to be calling you on the weekend (John reveres the weekend as family time), but I had to talk to someone. Lynn, they were here last night! I don't know what to do. And I think they did something to the baby, too."

"They were in your house?" I asked.

"Yes." He responded.

"Okay, tell me what happened."

"Last night, I began to have some terrible chest pains. My heart felt like it was going to explode. I didn't know what was happening. I was afraid I was having some kind of heart attack."

"Do you think that's what it was?" I queried.

john1.jpg (16329 bytes)john2.jpg (20096 bytes)john3.jpg (21367 bytes)

Click on images to enlarge.

Use your browser's "Back" button
to return to this page.

john1a.jpg (21198 bytes)john2a.jpg (22374 bytes)john3a.jpg (21980 bytes)

"I'm still not sure what happened. Anyway, the pain stopped after a while, but I didn't feel good, so I went on to bed. At 3:00 AM, the baby woke me up screaming. I got out of bed to check on him. For some reason, I was so weak I could barely stand up. As I was walking through the house in the dark, I noticed my shirt was sticking too my chest. I turned on a light and pulled my shirt out. That's when I saw it. At first, I thought someone had broken into the house and tried to stab me in my sleep. Lynn, they were here, and they cut a huge chunk of flesh out of my chest! It's all the way down to the membrane that covers the muscle. I could see the muscle tissue!"

This is not the first time I've seen John in this state of mind after a visitation, but this was, by far, the most horrific. As John continued, Susan, his wife, came into the room and said something to him.

"Lynn, Susan just came in and showed me her nose. It just started bleeding."

"Which side?" I asked.

"It's the left side." He answered. "It's one thing to have to deal with this stuff when it's me they're doing it to, but when it's my family.. well, that's when it gets to me."

"You feel like you don't have control, and can't protect?" I posed.


"Anything I can do for you? Any way I can help?" I asked.

"Thanks, but I think we'll be okay, now. I just needed to talk to someone who doesn't think I'm nuts. I'll be okay."

After apologizing again for calling on Sunday morning, he hung up. I sat there with the phone still in my hand. All I could think to myself was, "Holy sh-t!"

After talking to me, John called my daughter, Jill, and her friend, Robert. Having certain insights into the world of ufology, and being somewhat insistent, Robert, along with Jill, went down to John's Smithville home to look into the situation more deeply. When they arrived at 10:30 AM, John pulled away his shirt to reveal a triangle shaped wound so perfect, it looked like a cookie cutter had been used. Some blood was still evident at the corners, but although still a deep and ugly wound, it had healed over considerably since 3:00 AM, according to John. I had loaned my Polaroid camera to John on an earlier occasion, so Robert used it to take a picture of the wound. One hour later, another picture was taken. In that time, the wound had healed even more. Ten hours later, John asked Susan to take a third photo. Again, the photo showed the wound had continued to heal with unnatural speed.

The following day, John called to say that, later Sunday afternoon the baby's nose suddenly began to bleed. I can only imagine the anguish and the sense of helplessness he was feeling at that moment. After all, the father is supposed to be the protector of his family. John is a big man at 6'3", and about 230 pounds. If he feels powerless to stop these incursions into his life, then who among us is totally safe?

It was later in the week when I got a chance to meet with John. By then, all that was left of the wound on his chest, was a reddish-pink triangle. The skin was perfectly smooth, with no depression. If this had been a natural wound, even with a skin graft it would have left a terrible scar for life. I have seen scoop marks and other surface scars, but never anything like this.

John has asked me to present this account of events along with the photographic evidence with the hope that someone can give us feedback on this type of wound. We are not talking about small skin samples anymore. This wasn't a "pound of flesh", but it was a sizable piece of human tissue that someone so brazenly and cruelly removed from a man's chest. The big question is why?


Home                  Unexplained Body Marks and Scars                    Back to:  The Sentinel Files

Updated: February 05, 2006
AAARC and The Sentinel Files Copyright 1999